Response: Why Mosaic Charges Corkage for Their Wines

I have to preface this with the fact that I don't work for Mosaic. My views and opinions are my own and don't reflect those of any business on 30th street. I'm just expressing my own perspective in response to someone's question.

Is there any function on a blog post that can just put that on every post of mine, like on gmail how it has the person's name in light grey at the bottom? Work it out Jay.

Most places that sell wine retail as well as in a bar or restaurant setting charge a corkage fee for the same reasons I mentioned above. The corkage you are paying is going to pay for the cost of employing the person who is opening the wine, the stemware that you are drinking it out of, the electricity for the light you are sitting under, the rent that is paid for the space, the water used to wash your dirty glasses, etc. All that costs money, and you are paying the corkage to enjoy the space and service they have provided. Otherwise you have the option to enjoy the bottle at the cost of your own utility bill.