Beery Stuff at Sea Rocket

I'm a little ashamed to say that I haven't done anything special to celebrate American Craft Beer Week.  I did go to Port/ Lost Abbey's brewery in San Marcos on Saturday  to taste Cuvee de Tomme (a truly world class beer), Port 3rd Anniversary IPA and some other tasty treats.  Well, I also had some really tasty beer at Alchemy with brunch on Sunday, and Monday night I cracked my last bottle of Ballast Point Victory at Sea Imperial Coffee Porter with Vanilla Beans, and I did go to Pizza Port in Solana Beach on Tuesday afternoon, and Wednesday I worked on the pairings for our upcoming Belgian Inspired Beer Dinner, and I have been pouring delicious local craft beers all week at Sea Rocket; maybe I have been celebrating and I just didn't know it!  
Speaking of that upcoming Belgian Inspired Beer Dinner, the date is Wednesday, May 27,  the tentative menu is ready and it looks like this:

Sea Rocket Green Salad w/ Seasonal Local Fruits

The Bruery White Orchard


Carlsbad Mussels in Saison Cream Sauce

Lost Abbey Red Barn


Pomme Frite w Dijon-Aioli

Stone Cali-Belgique


Chicon au Gratin

TBD Ale


‘Carbonnade Flamande’ of Da Le Ranch Pork w/ Stoemp

Flemish Brown Ale from San Diego Brewing Company


Belgian Waffle w/ Macadamia Nuts, Fresh Cream and Grand Cru Reduction

AleSmith Grand Cru


The cost of the dinner is $50 per person, including the dinner and paired beers; tax and tip are additional.


This is our second beer dinner featuring Belgian style beers brewed in San Diego paired with Belgian style recipes using fresh, local ingredients.  The first one sold out quickly, so please send me an e-mail if you would like to reserve seats for this one.  Chris@SeaRocketBistro.com.


And speaking of beer weeks, everyone at Sea Rocket is very excited about the first  San Diego Beer Week later this summer.  We'll definitely be celebrating that week by devoting our entire beer lineup, including cask, kegs, and bottles, to locally brewed beers.  Oh, wait, we do that practically every week.  Well then, we'll have even more and better local beers, a fantastic beer dinner or two, and some great beer specials. Seriously, this is a great event for San Diego, please support it by visiting sdbeerweek.org.  (The website is still under construction, but there should be more information very soon.)