Peyton sends the following heads-up...
SOUTH PARK USHERS IN THE NEW SEASON WITH ANNUAL SPRING WALKABOUT
SAN DIEGO, CA – (March 5, 2009) – The community of South Park will soon celebrate the official departure of San Diego’s “winter” season with its popular Spring Walkabout on Saturday, March 28 from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The quarterly South Park Walkabouts provide thousands of residents, locals, travelers and visitors the opportunity to explore by foot the eclectic neighborhood’s unique retail shops, art galleries, savory restaurants and cafés as well as visit a variety of businesses in the area that specialize in everything from dog-washing to downward dog.
Participating South Park businesses will offer a mix of live music, special food and beverage specials, seasonal crafts and entertainment, hors d’oeuvres, discounts on great gift items and special extended hours. A free Walkabout trolley will also be available to transport visitors back and forth between the three, distinct retail areas of interest along 30th street:
Juniper Street & 30th
Grape Street & 30th
Beech Street & 30th
Established in 1906 in the heart of San Diego between North Park and Golden Hill, South Park is a historic and culturally-diverse neighborhood thoughtfully juxtaposed with picturesque residential streets and beautiful Arts and Crafts showpieces, bungalows and Spanish-style homes. South Park’s lively and rapidly expanding urban business district lines 30th and Fern Streets along a 10-block tree-lined corridorHighlighted business offerings during the Spring Walkabout include:
* Velo Cult – Complimentary Walkabout s’mores
* South Park Bar & Grill – Half-price appetizers, live blues jam session (starts 9:00 pm)
* Clarity Soap & Candles - Bingo games at 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm. Winners receive custom Clarity product gift bag or basket
* Grant’s Marketplace – Complimentary hot chocolate, hot chai lattes and gourmet snacks
* So Childish – Special music performers for children 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm provided by the So Childish music teachers
* Studio Maureen and the Next Door Gallery – Live music, signature dip and baguettes; Make a Bottle Cap Collage Pin complimentary craft opportunity
* Citizen Video – Live performance by local band “The Paddle Boat” at 8:00 pm, complimentary hors d’oeuvres and great new sale items by local crafters.
* Thomas Bike Shop – Goodie bags water bottles, energy bars and bike vendor information plus complimentary hot food and beverages
* Rancho Buena Vista Real Estate – Complimentary hot apple cider and cookies
* Junc Boutique – Celebrating one year anniversary in South Park with a group art show featuring local San Diego artists and complimentary food and drink
* South Bark Dog Wash – Complimentary delicious food snacks for people and pets as well as special Walkabout sales
* Nancy Sherman and Sam Keenan (Realtors) – Information booth in front of The Grove with Walkabout maps and trolley routes plus exclusive South Park T-shirts for sale
* Edward Jones Investments – Complimentary cupcakes and gift bags for visitors
For more information on the community of South Park, the Greater Golden Hill Community, area businesses and a downloadable map of the Walkabout route, please visit www.southparkscene.com.
About South Park
Situated in the heart of San Diego and bordered by the northern edges of the Historic Golden Hill District, the architecturally distinct and culturally diverse community of South Park has managed to preserve its small neighborhood “feel” while becoming a popular destination for shopping, dining and entertainment. South Park’s tree-lined streets are within short distance from the glamour and bustle of downtown San Diego, and just east of the beautiful attractions of Balboa Park and the world famous San Diego Zoo.
The increasingly popular businesses of South Park reflect the historic Arts and Crafts style homes and charming bungalows of nearby residences. Visitors often note the attractive single-story facades and restored interiors of shops and restaurants and the absence of strip malls and chain stores. Virtually all South Park businesses are locally-owned and owner-managed, adding to the friendly neighborhood atmosphere which attracts daily an energizing diversity of people from all ethnicities and economic backgrounds.
Can you Earn Money While you Travel? - If you are looking to travel for fun and earn some extra cash while on the go, there are several options for that. Whether it is blogging or bartending o...
1 day ago